Sunday, 5 December 2010

Totally Gorjuss Challenge 59

Totally Gorjuss have a fab sketch challenge this weekend.  The double oval fits perfectly with a Kanban Stamp I have, that is a little too big for a single oval!  The image is coloured with promarkers, the papers are from Craftwork Cards, and the ribbon is from a magazine kit.  The snowflake border is a Martha Stewart punch.

I think I've got most of my Christmas cards done - although I might still be making them Christmas Eve.  I ought to start planning earlier next year.  Like January!

Wednesday, 15 September 2010

Entry for Allsorts Challenge blog

Well, I know I haven't updated much, but I'm planning on doing more - I want to start entering some challenges, and most need to be posted on your blog!

Anyway, this one is for Allsorts Challenge #69, which has a theme of Autumn Colours.


The card was made using a Big and Juicy "Spice" inkpad which was pressed onto the card, and spritzed with water.  A quick spray of Cosmic Shimmer in Copper, and topped with a Kanban Autumn Silhouettes tree.

Simple and easy.

Saturday, 6 March 2010

Three birthday cards


Ok, so updating weekly hasn't happened!  Nor has the not buying any more stash.  Oh well, I am officially a promarker addict!

I've sent out three kids cards recently, one to Australia and 2 home to Scotland.  All were loved!

The skateboards is a hÄnglar & stÄnglar from Sweden, which a friend was kind enought o bring over for me, the guardian angel is from Whiff of Joy Stamps, and the sitting girl is one of the Gorjuss Girls from Sugar Nellie.

All have been coloured with promarkers, and the cards, paper and embellishments are from all over the place!

I have been trying to fill a scrap book with stamped images as a recipe book for future cards!  Coming up with some, admittedly basic, layouts has given me the chance to try some things I might not normally do!  Pics to follow at some point!

Next update, Mothers Day cards...

Monday, 4 January 2010

Emergency Card Stash!

My first project this month has been to build up some spare cards, no sentiments on them just yet, as just in cases.  This also means I'm using some of the miscellaneous toppers I have lying about - you know, the ones you buy because they look great at the time, but when you get home, you just can't quite figure out how to use them!

Most of them have been fairly simple - toppers matted and layered onto the card.  I've used the Ultimate Crafter's Companion Pro to play with sizes of cards and create the matching envelopes.  One of them, the leaf, was made using stickers designed to put on bathroom tiles!  Odd, but it works!

I've also made some waterfalls using Dufex stickers, although so far only one of them is mounted onto a card.